converting to gitital

Hello
I am again thinking of converting to digital and selling tt and vinyl. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has made that change and is happy or unhappy. Thanks for your input.
Dave
saihcc
Well, I didn't do that. I added up the cost of replacing the LPs I didn't want to be without, and bought a new TT for about a third of that amount. Since then, I've replaced a fair number of those LPs with CDs, anyway--partly because I found myself grabbing a CD most of the time, simply out of convenience, so I wasn't listening to the music I'd owned the longest and loved the most, and partly because I bought a new car with a CD player in it.

I'm glad I didn't go cold turkey, however, because I've been listening to a lot of old LPs lately--one last time before I sell them--and I've discovered a few that wouldn't have made the cut five years ago, but now are among my favorites. So my advice is, make the transition slowly.
It's hard to drop analog completely. There are recording that are only available on LPs. In my case, I am starting to experiment with SACD and DVD-A with low cost universal DVD player. They do sound good but I still want the LP for that special intimacy feeling.

Most importantly, I don't think I will be able to replace all the LPs with new SACD or DVD-A. The CD version usually just don't sound very good by comparison to analog even with the newest CD player. (at least in my price range, <$2k)
Prior to going digital I scored a new 3-head recorder and transferred 200 of my fave albums to metal cassette tape. 15 years later I still play the tapes alot. Even though my TT is all hooked up I seldom fuss with the LP's. Color me spoiled. LP's simply lack the uninterrupted play time. So consider re-storing some of your vinyl software in another format before losing the TT. I'm happy I did!
More to discover