Copies Better Than Originals?

...Anyone with experience or knowledge about serious claims that the Pioneer CDR W739 (or 839) produces recorded copies which are of better quality than the originals? If so, how is it accomplished?
wrayray
Chang,

I didn't mean to come across as defensive but I need to be VERY CLEAR how we think this is a HUGE PARADIGM for everybody to recognize (just not you). It is MORE than just my opinion.

The magic of the Pioneer 739 is an absolute breakthrough! MANY very seasoned audiophiles, along with VERY RESPECTED reviewers have ALL found that the 739's burned copies have MORE harmonic decay, MORE space and BETTER fluidity as compared to the originals CD!

The above sonic differences are EXACTLY the as stated by recording engineers themselves (the ones who actually bitch about the specific sonic losses that occur when they compare their CD releases to their original master tapes).

It should come as no surprise to anyone how excited we are about this discovery! Everyone I know to a person who has heard this difference has bought a 739. This discovery is UNPRECEDENTED in high end digital! Just imagine INCREASED space, INCREASED harmonics and BETTER depth from a copied CD as compared to the original! This has been proven again and again in TRUE DOUBLE BLIND TESTS!

You CANNOT add these sonic qualities with the latest greatest super expensive cable designs. You CANNOT add these sonic qualities with the latest greatest super expensive amplifier designs! True space, true harmonics and fluidity only come from the source, they cannot be added later!

It seems as if most serious "over the top" audiophiles are spending thousands on their digital front ends trying to extract every little detail from that shiny little disc! Here is a breakthrough that is a fraction of the cost of a single decent audiophile power cord.

To sum up the FACTS (so Chang can grasp what I've been trying state with my prior threads):

> The 739's copies have unique sonic qualities associated with space, fluidity and additional harmonics.

> The above aforementioned sonic improvements have been verified to many audiophiles (including some reviewers) in true double blind tests.

> The 739's copied discs have sonic information that cannot be replicated by changing frequency or amplitude.

> Losses in harmonics, decay, depth and space are exactly what the recording engineers have been bitching about when they compare their master tapes to their commercially released CD's, i.e the copies sound "closer to master tape" statement makes logical sense.

> No one here can actually verify if I work for Pioneer or not, so all of this may just be a grand conspiracy ;-)
Ehider, Thanks for your response. I do no tknow anyone who is selling their units. I do know that EBAY has several listed for sale. Actually, Can you answer this- my machine cannot record anymore. I was finalizing a disc and it would not stop. I did exactly what the manual said to do and it would not respond. I eventually got the disc out after I took the cover off. When I turn the unit on now, it still indicates that it is finalizing a disc. I would like to get it repaired. What do you think caused this? and how much will it cost? Thanks,

Jacytoy, I estimate these units still sell from $250-400 deoending where you look.
Not sure about you but this is one of the worst pioneer player ever made according to users review. Okay, Ehider, this is not my opinion now. Most of the unit tray broke within very short time. It's hard to understand that you would defend one of the worst product made by pioneer.

http://www.audioreview.com/CD,Recorders-Players/Pioneer,PDR-W739,/PRD_124816_2740crx.aspx

Also, you're making false claims about amps, cables, and preamps. They do make a big difference if you have a poorly match system and they don't have to be super expensive. I do make my own pure silver cables for a fraction of cost of this pioneer writer (interconnect $40, speaker cable $60.) Not only they improve the sound, they also last forever.
But again, that's your opinion so no arguement there.
False claims? All that I'm stating is that you CANNOT add harmonics or space that wasn't there in the first place! The source is the ONLY place were these sorts of sonics originate.

To clarify: I feel that a superior copy is even more important than focusing on cables or amplifiers first. BUUUUUT, I STRONGLY believe you need to put just as much research and money into cables and amplifiers too! EVERYTHING IS IMPORTANT, Yet IT ALL STARTS WITH HAVING THE BEST SOURCE MATERIAL POSSIBLE!

In terms of the Pioneer link you provided, it is absolutely true that this particular burner is not as reliable as other offerings. That being said, this is still the only burner that we know of that will produce the better sounding copies.

In terms of opinions which really matter though; at last count there are 16 audiophiles, 3 high end audio manufacturers and 4 high end reviewers who firmly believe the 739 makes better sounding copies. This is much more than just my opinion. It's an entire arsenal of audiophiles!