What's under YOUR CD player?

Will I really improve the sound from my Ikemi CD player by putting something under it, other than the walnut shelf it sits on inside my antique hutch stereo cabinet?

Will upgrading the power cord to a PS minilab cable help also?

Or, should I just play the music?

(it's fun though, isn't it!)
jbatlanta
Under my Sony 9000ES CD/SACD/DVD player.

Improvement in bass and clarity over the Audioquest Big Feet that I was previously using.

I bought them for $175 used at Audiogon.
Linn CD-12 sits on Symposium Svelt Shelf which sits on Aurios, Marantz SA-1 sits on Relaxa I magnetic levitation shelf......both units are on a Zoethecus rack with Z-slab shelves.

i have experimented over the years with all kinds of cones and pucks....the Aurios seem to be the most consistent performer....and the mag-lev seems to be about equal. i get blacker blacks, more dynamics and snap without any added sterility or hardness.

if i didn't own the Zoethecus i would seriously consider the Grand Prix shelf system and eliminate other tweaks. my wife likes the way the Zoethecus looks (and the Grand Prix looks kinda industrial) so i will most likely continue to use all the little tweaks to optimize it.
Mike - interesting that you are the first poster (can't remember reading about another) that is using a mag lev application. While not familiar with your particular shelf I did find this one surfing around - can't seem to find anyone here thats using it - can you comment on if its similar to yours?

http://www.gr-research.com/levitator.htm

Tx Ron
hi Ron, the Relaxa 1 appears to be very similar in concept to the GR Reasearch/Dodd Audio 'Levitator'. the only question would be how the 'Levitator' stays level....i can't tell from the picture on the web site.

i took the Relaxa 1 to my local audio club meeting and everyone wanted to play with it.....it is just so cool the way it works. i would own one even if the damn thing didn't sound good.....it stays perfectly level by means of poles in 2 corners and very smooth bearings. the only issue is that the weight of your component must be in the proper weight range to allow it to have the proper loading like any 'spring' so the 'action' keeps it decoupled from the rack. it should 'settle' for a few seconds after it is disturbed if it is working properly.

click 'system' next to my name for a picture.....also, i attached a link.

http://www.gtaudio.com/accessor.html

enjoy.