CD out: Digital or Analog?

I have a digital out on the back of my Arcam CD62. Should I use it to connect to a B&K AVR 202 or just stick with the MIT interconnects?
heimertd283
It depends on the quality of the DACs in the B&K. Listen to it both ways and see what you think. I've generally found that a quality CD player will sound better on it's analog outputs than through a piece of home theater gear.
Just the opposite advice from me, but I'm running into a Theta Casa-Blanca II with superior dacs, (Try it both ways)
What does this mean? If you use the analog out, you are hearing the dacs from the processor, if using digial, you are hearing the dacs from the source? And if a processor has analog pass throughs, this means I am hearing n dacs at all, just directly of the CD direct?

Thanks.
Dan
I like to use the digital out if the receiver or processor does analog to digital conversion then digital to analog conversion before sending to the pre-out/amplifiers. If the receiver/processor has analog direct or bypass then I like to use the dac built into the cd player (if it is better quality)and connect it to the receiver via the analog output/input (because I like the MIT sound). I also too use MIT, T2 analog out and T3 Digital to jitterbox then T3 digital out to receiver. Digital In my case Denon DCM560 to Denon 2801. Analog Sony SACD player to Sony TAE-1000ESD pre-amp. The analog method allows me to hear more of the MIT "sound" than the digital, although the T3 digital are much better than the TMAXdigital I had before it. THe digital method does seem to give a lower noise floor in my set-up.

Patrick
Hi Dan...I think you have it backwards. If you use the analog outs of the CD you are using the D/A converter in the CD, not the preamp. If you use the digital outs, your CD player is nothing more than a transport and your preamp's DACs do the conversion. I'm not sure what analog passthrough means, but I assume you are right...the converted analog signal from your source will pass through as an analog signal and not be converted to digital. I don't know why it would be converted to digital...for HT effects, maybe??