Not as much activity on analog here

Monitoring this site and analog in particular I see a downward trend in interest. Why is this so. Are we a community that has not grown much and all our questions have been interested ? Are we losing interest? Is digital finally getting the soul of the music right? I wish someone would chime in maybe audiogon and show us some statistics. Maybe it's not analog but all across the forum. Let's here from you.
128x128blueranger
I believe you are in for a surprise Syntax. You do know that most recording is done digitally now, don't you?
BluerRanger
If you become board with few questions and topics in this analogue category today ,search through the archives ,you will notice many of the same questions and arguemnts re-hashed like a skipping record,..
I'm in agreement with Syntax ,much can be learned from him.
I believe you are in for a surprise Syntax. You do know that most recording is done digitally now, don't you?

you may be right. One problem...the bulk of the music engineered in digital just plain sucks. Music mastered in analog from the 50's-80's.... Music that really matters sounds best in analog form....tape or vinyl. Digital a/d, compressed and normalized just doesn't cut it.
Rockitman, you're listening to the wrong music.

The majority of music recorded from the fifties to the eighties was crap and the majority being recorded today is crap. There is a lot of good music being recorded today though, there always is. I personally enjoy spending my time searching out great music, new and old. There is more great music out there than one could possibly listen to.

I have no argument with people who prefer to spend their time tweaking their turntable to the max. That's just as legitimate a pursuit as anything I do. We can enjoy both analog and digital or one or the other. Whatever floats your boat.
Let me just add that cd, through reissues, compilations, box sets , etc, has given me access to everything from women blues shouters from the twenties, to all kinds of prewar blues and country, to everything that Hank Williams ever recorded, to Louis Jordan's jump blues, to fifties jazz, rockabilly and R&B, and on and on. I never could have collected all this stuff on Lp. Most developments have an upside and a downside.