Anyone have their Audio Aero Capitole MKII yet?

I just received mine today and was looking for other's opinions about the MKII right out of the box as compared to the MKI (or other comparable players).
listener
I have also experienced some difficulties with this player being able to play certain discs. AA has conveniently put a disclaimer in the owner's manual about the standards not being adhered to and, so, this player will not play those discs. I, for one, would like them to prove what they claim. There is no doubt that the player will not play certain discs. It also seems interesting that I was not able to play one particular disc, but after putting it back in the case and trying it again some days later it played just fine.

As for you folks with the noise problems, take the advice given about trying different outlets or power cords and also try using a ground lift at the CD player if plugging into an integrated amp. This player is grounded differently than any other that I've had in my system (about five different players). You should also remember that this beast is capable of putting out 5 volts at full throttle. Your integrated's input may just be overloaded. Most other players only output about 2 volts.

Sonic update: the player seems to be settling in nicely. The harshness in the high end has diminished substantially. The bass remains tighter than on the MK I, but maybe a little less pronounced. That's the good news. I'm still not sure that I find this player as engaging as the MK I. It still seems to be more clinical sounding, but I still have a week to go on the break-in.

Badwisdow, please give us an update if you speak with AA on Monday.
This thread's request for "out of the box" first impressions seems to invite chaos, with somewhat masochistic yearnings as a consequence.
After running QA for a high-tech laboratory instrument manufacturer in France for more than 14 years I'd be surprised if you could find two Capitoles that sound even remotely the smae...nevermind right out of the box!
Good luck, guys....
Subaruguru,
Are you saying that no two products sound the same ever or right out of the box?
Got the manufacturer today.

Source click switching : tells me this is normal, that the Philips CD Pro transport is very picky and will refuse to play any kind of hybrid Rebook disc.

Volume : he said that very few preamps can handle the 5V of the AA Mk II, so that it is not advised to use the full volume of the AA when using a pre. He then added that the AA was NOT designed to be used with a PRE in the First place.

Track skipping : first time he heard of this, and couldnt really give me an answer as this didnt happen on my unit so i couldnt really give him all the details. If someone could email me with the exact problem i will call him tomorrow.

Cheers
First, thanks for the update! I have found that at times (not all the time) I cannot switch tracks at all using either the remote or the front panel of the unit. For example, if track #1 is playing and I want to play track #6, if I press #6 on the remote OR try to skip tracks using the > button on the remote OR the unit, the digital read-out on the front panel says "Track #6" but it does nothing and does not play at all. This gets frustrating as hell, I can tell you that. BUT, as I said, it doesn't do it all the time.

What concerns me is that it is NOT just doing it with the remote.

Any input you get will be appreciated. I will also call Matt or Jody at Globe tomorrow as they are GREAT guys and VERY helpful and accommodating!!

On a positive note - I was hoping (both before I received my AA and for a day or two into burn-in) that I had not made a mistake selling my Sonic Frontiers T3/P3. Well, after about 160 hours of continuous play, I can say now that I did NOT make a mistake selling the T3/P3 from a sonic perspective. This player has almost all of the strengths of the T3/P3 but none of the weaknesses. The AA has much less digital glare than the T3/P3 had in my system. More as the process continues.