Delius/Purcell Combo w/o upgrades--a good deal??

i have an opportunity to buy both a dCS delius and a purcell with decent cables for $5k. they are not in perfect cosmetic condition (i'd say 7.5/10) and they are not upgraded to have all the stuff you need for the SACD/DSD decoding and all that. should i jump on it?
landru64
As a former owner of dCS equipment, I give you fair warning about their service.... horrible! I was very impressed with the combo, but after living with them for a while, I found them to be way too hi-fi sounding, not natural at all.
Myouseif,

Can you post or e-mail me a few words about what you think of the Verdi transport (compared to using other transports with the dCS Purcell and DAC). Thanks.
Well, I had the Sonic Frontiers Transport 3. Once I got the Verdi, it was no brainer. I had to sell the SFI. The Verdi really did it for me. My system never sounded better, I feel satisfied after many years of trying different equipment and loosing a lot more money. What I like most is the separation of instruments; you can feel that each one is there alone not mixed with the other. I am not the best in using the audiophile terminology I just go with what I hear and feel. And it just feels close to life performance. I know because I used to play drums in my early days. I am really glad I made the investment. I had one problem with it though. Not a major one but I figured if I pay that much it should be in perfect condition. The problem was, when I unplug the power cord even when the unit is off, the Verdi would not turn on for at least 10 minutes. I called dCS (because I bought it from them directly) they gave me their FedEx account, I sent it back, they fixed it and returned to me without any cost to me. My experience with them so far was excellent and that is why I am recommending them. If you can afford it go for it, you will not regret it.