VPI Scoutmaster or Nottingham Space Deck...?

Hey guys, I need some advice from some seasoned vinyl junkies out there!

I'm getting back into vinyl, and have it narrowed down to these two fine tables.

Is there much of a difference, sonically, between them?
Plus's / minus's of ea.?

Thanks to any & all.
denf
I own the Hyperspace. It was my first & so far only turntable. The instructions weren't perfect for sure. But I was able to setup the turntable in a few minutes. Unpacking the table was the most difficult of the work. I have called Nottingham in UK w. questions. They were very nice to speak with. Phone rates are low enough to call if you need to. The only thing is the time difference which I am sure can be worked out. As for comparisons, I never did compare it & do agree that it does have a sound. But it will last a life time & the sound is very "black". No noise. I am considering upgrading & upgraded my entire system so far but the Hyperspace is still with me. I just doubt I can do much better without spending a lot more money. I wouldn't worry about setup at all. It was really almost too easy. If you want to tinker then get a different turntable. 4yanx descriptions of setup are spot on IMO. Don't get the heavy kit version of the Space Deck though. Either a Hyperspace or space deck. The Ace Space arm is the best matching arm in the price range for a Nottingham table. They are voiced that way.
Don't get the heavy kit version of the Space Deck though. Either a Hyperspace or space deck.

I fully concur and, if this is what Red heard, I may see his point a little better.

Dgad, what I'd like to hear is the ACE arm on the original Spacedeck. Have you done so? If so, I'd very much appreciate your impressions.
The Ace-Space tonearm is superior to the JMW-9

It's hard to accept a general response like that with some type of supporting facts, could you please be more specific. thanks.
4yanx,

I haven't. I am considering the replacement to the Anna arm maybe in the future. I am also considering an isolation base. But I am alson thinking of either upgrading in a year or so to an SME 20 or Brinkman or Yorke.

One more interesting point, if you read the details of the new Nottingham 40K turntable is is basically a little bit more massive w. finer design & also includes a suspension (which I assume contributes to its greatest improvement), a wave mechanic (which I have) and some Sorbothane of sorts between the platters (which is being used in some other platter designs). I am thinking where a very thin sheet of sorbothane between the graphite platter & aluminum platter would yield similar results along with an isolation base (Minus K - technology & design seem perfect).

Yet I still think cartridge playing yields the biggest changes.
Readster,
The Ace Space tonearm is quieter and tracks better than the JMW-9 which is flawed by design. The lack of anti-skating adjustment, despite Harry's protestations, prevents the arm from tracking properly. For grins and giggles, try a JMW-9 on the last track (the anti-skating torture track) on the Hi Fi test record and you'll see what I mean. Most high quality reference systems do NOT use VPI arms; comparably priced Schroeders, Grahams, and Tri Planars are the way to go IMO.