VPI Scoutmaster or Nottingham Space Deck...?

Hey guys, I need some advice from some seasoned vinyl junkies out there!

I'm getting back into vinyl, and have it narrowed down to these two fine tables.

Is there much of a difference, sonically, between them?
Plus's / minus's of ea.?

Thanks to any & all.
denf
The Ace-Space tonearm is superior to the JMW-9

It's hard to accept a general response like that with some type of supporting facts, could you please be more specific. thanks.
4yanx,

I haven't. I am considering the replacement to the Anna arm maybe in the future. I am also considering an isolation base. But I am alson thinking of either upgrading in a year or so to an SME 20 or Brinkman or Yorke.

One more interesting point, if you read the details of the new Nottingham 40K turntable is is basically a little bit more massive w. finer design & also includes a suspension (which I assume contributes to its greatest improvement), a wave mechanic (which I have) and some Sorbothane of sorts between the platters (which is being used in some other platter designs). I am thinking where a very thin sheet of sorbothane between the graphite platter & aluminum platter would yield similar results along with an isolation base (Minus K - technology & design seem perfect).

Yet I still think cartridge playing yields the biggest changes.
Readster,
The Ace Space tonearm is quieter and tracks better than the JMW-9 which is flawed by design. The lack of anti-skating adjustment, despite Harry's protestations, prevents the arm from tracking properly. For grins and giggles, try a JMW-9 on the last track (the anti-skating torture track) on the Hi Fi test record and you'll see what I mean. Most high quality reference systems do NOT use VPI arms; comparably priced Schroeders, Grahams, and Tri Planars are the way to go IMO.
Hey Judy, while i respect your opinion as i do anyone, as audio is definately subjective, i have to disagree with your opinion on the anti skating, all tonearm manufacturers can do at best with anti skating is estimate the amount of force needed to offset the natural pull that the circular grooves create, it is NOT a measureable value, or i should say, it is measureable, but not a constant value, the force changes continuously, and i do believe Harry W's findings are true,that alot of anti skating mechanisms, add unnecessary vibration and noise. and to address your statement regarding the vpi tonearms used on other "high end" tables, that doesn't surprise me at all, the vpi arms are specifically designed and optimized for use on vpi tables, most other tonearm manufacturers don't design and build tables, so they're specialty is designing tonearms only. i don't know of too many tt manufacturers, that design tonearms that are considered among the best "add on" or "after market" arms. but hey, with that said, to each his own, i guess if everyone heard the same thing, they're would only be one choice when it came to equipment available.
Readster
That's a very nice response and I thank you. But the torture track I alluded to on the Hi Fi Record is not subjective audio as you suggest.
Try that JMW-9 or 10 or 10.5 or 12.5 in that last track and get back to me after it jumps out. Harry might build nice tables but the tonearms leave a ton to be desired.