Horrific Confession And Puzzling Questions

In what I hope is only a frenzy of interest, passion and enthusiasm, I often play many different CDs or DVDs in one sitting -- although not in their entirety -- which leaves me wondering:

1) Have any other members experienced an attention deficit disordered frenzy of playing different tracks or watching different scenes? I seem to annoy friends and girlfriends alike with this habit.

I know we audiophiles are often criticized for caring more about sound than music which can lead to a "listen to this!! ....and now this! ...and this!! ADD behaviour...

...but I love music -- I swear -- and I used to listen to albums, symphonies, operas straight through for HOURS -- blissfully. And now, as mentioned in another thread, I just jump around like some bleary eyed junkie trying to get some happiness and satisfaction.

These frenzies result in discs being scattered all over my floor, chair, or desk etc, and to be perfectly honest, I don't take very good care of them. Many of them are scuffed or scratched, despite my meticulous care of LPs and equipment. Which leads to my other question:

2) Does this really matter? Sometimes, if discs are badly scratched, they might not be read or they might skip, but they seem to endure surprisingly rough handling. Maybe my ears are tin, but it doesn't seem to really matter. Do those disc polishing cleaning thingys do anything? Do I need one?

Maybe this is all about digital..... Anyway, that's just one of the pressing concerns in the forefront of my brain today and I thank you for listening.
cwlondon
When vinyl was the primary format a record ran from 40 to 50 minutes. A typical CD now runs 65 minutes. In the pop/rock arena this translates to more mediocre music per disc. Realistically, how many pop/rock CDs are worth listening from start to finish?
Post removed 
I don't have any suggestions on the multiple movie scene senario, but as far as music goes, I found myself doing the same thing. Then I bought a multi disc transport that had a random feature. All of the sudden I found myself drawn to those songs that I had once ignored. Hope this helps your delima.

And, NO this is not an audiophile only trait. I think the door to the self convicting nature that we some times display swings both ways. Meaning some things we do are better and some things are much worse.
Cw; I can relate. Several different points here though: 1. CDs are incredibly tough rascals-- have you ever tried to break one in half with your bare hands? 2. I like CDs and take just as good care of them as vinyl lovers do their LPs. 3. I have nice long, pleasant listening sessions, but when I'm trying out something new-- even a minor tweak, I sometimes drag out maybe dozens of CDs.

I've got to respectfully disagree with '61 a bit. Even in the early days of LPs, record companies have ALWAYS put filler in with "hit" music, and the same thing happens today with CDs, IMO. Also it's seldom that I find popular CDs with 60-65 min. of music-- most I see are in the 35-45 min. range. And yes CDs have just as much "filler" as LPs do-- but hell, that's what programming, delete, random, repeat, and CD-Rs are for-- IMHO. Cheers. Craig