Sonicweld Diverter HR, etc...

At present, I'm running a Locus Design Cynosure USB cable into a modified (by Parts Connexion) Benchmark DAC 1. The signal goes through Kimber Select 1036 to active Mackie monitors, and I'm pretty pleased with the sound.

I'm considering a Sonicweld Diverter HR, which then of course means buying a S/PDIF cable, and it would have to be one reasonably commensurate with the quality of the Cynosure, and then maybe I would buy a better and more advanced DAC like the Bel Canto 3.5.

So my question is, what kind of improvement should I expect from the Diverter and associated cables and a new DAC? I'd be in for SEVERAL thousand more dollars in that arrangement, and it would never be worth it for a 5-10% improvement in sonics. But if the upgrade were more like 30-40%, I could deal with it a little easier.

Can anyone weigh in on this conundrum?
thedautch
Find an original FIM gold or Silver and never look back! Nothing and I mean NOTHING I ever tried regardless of cost was able to beat that thing. I will say that the top of the line Synergistic digital cables are VERY VERY good as well.
Andrew - I have audioned a few and compared them against my reference, which I do not make anymore. The only one that I have found that is as good is the Ridge Street Audio Poiema. Problem is that the guy has fallen off the face of the earth. Does not answer the phone or emails....

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Andrew - I got a reliable report that the DH Labs cable is stellar. They make good cables. I can recommend this one.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Thanks Steve,
I am currently using a Kimber Select 2020 0.75m BNC-BNC between offramp 4 and ARC DAC8. I have since read your advice that a1.5m cable is recommended. The same Kimber cable would be very expensive, so I am looking for alternatives that have equal or better performance, but more reasonable cost. I would be prepared to pay $500-$600.

cheers
I don't know about the BADA USB (and I have a Berkeley DAC), but it's true that it uses the same asynchronous algorithm as the Wavelength

It is not true, and algorithm used (as long as it is asynchronous) has very little effect on sound quality anyway.

What matters is a quality of clocks used and level of isolation from computer gremlins riding on USB interface converter can provide.