Sonicweld Diverter HR, etc...

At present, I'm running a Locus Design Cynosure USB cable into a modified (by Parts Connexion) Benchmark DAC 1. The signal goes through Kimber Select 1036 to active Mackie monitors, and I'm pretty pleased with the sound.

I'm considering a Sonicweld Diverter HR, which then of course means buying a S/PDIF cable, and it would have to be one reasonably commensurate with the quality of the Cynosure, and then maybe I would buy a better and more advanced DAC like the Bel Canto 3.5.

So my question is, what kind of improvement should I expect from the Diverter and associated cables and a new DAC? I'd be in for SEVERAL thousand more dollars in that arrangement, and it would never be worth it for a 5-10% improvement in sonics. But if the upgrade were more like 30-40%, I could deal with it a little easier.

Can anyone weigh in on this conundrum?
thedautch
Have you considered Audiophileo or the BADA Alpha USB USB > SPDIF converters ? Both are considerably cheaper ($550 for the Audiophileo and $1600 for the BADA) and both will perform considerably better than Benchmark's own USB input.
I own the Diverter HR. It is worth every single penny. I compared it to the M2Tech EVO and Hiface as well as the Kingrex UC 192 and it is far better than all of them. From what I understand the Berkley is simply the licensed wavelength implementation. I have not heard either the Berkley or the Audiophileo but I can say that I have not looked back.

I may be picking up the Audiophileo to perform a side by side comaprison to my Diverter.
The Sonicweld Diverter HR is fantastic and has - as one reviewer put it - more of everything than anything else. It is quite revealing of USB cables = I tried 3 and each readily, distinctly different. But even with these differences, the overall increase in realism/ low noise floor/clarity/dynamics/emotional involvement just blew me away. I found 2 well regarded soundcards and a popular USB/SPDIF converter to have their plus sides but the Diverter is every penny better. I have no regrets whatsoever.
I have a Sonicweld Diverter HR and an Audiophilleo 1. The Diverter is by far better and that's saying something, because the Audiophilleo is excellent; but the Diverter is superior. I don't know about the BADA USB (and I have a Berkeley DAC), but it's true that it uses the same asynchronous algorithm as the Wavelength, which I have heard in the Ayre QB-9 and found lacking. If you have the funds, I would recommend going with the Diverter.