Vinyl to Digital

Without unduly fueling the debate of digital vs. analogue -- I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has converted from vinyl to digital and is happy. My speakera are Proac 1SC my table is a WTTT&A with a vanderhull cart. I listen mainly to jazz, chamber music & vocals. amp/preamp currently tube and will probably replace with Cary300sei. I am also considering a xary cd box player.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Dave
saihcc
I agree with Ljgj. There too many great titles in each format which are not available on the other. But from now on, If I have a choice between formats for a particular title, I'll choose vinyl.
As a music lover whose collection of too many thousands of records is over 90% vinyl, I will just say that only recently, with a substantial upgrading of my digital gear, do I finally find myself as likely to reach for a CD as an LP. I intend in the future to continue my lifelong used vinyl habit, but will now be happier to buy new releases on CD where there is a choice, and will ramp up my buying of used CD's. My advice is to shoot for the stars and land on the moon when selecting your new digital gear - otherwise, if you try to do it on the cheap, you'll probably wind up frustratingly earthbound.
Recently I sold my Basis 1400 in favor of a Muse Thalia 9 v1, this was as a result of a series frustrations I experienced with the turntable. True, I have hundreds of cd's and had aquired only about 50 or so LP's at the time of the departure of the Basis, so my interest in LP's was rather new. I tried with great effort to resolve the problems I was experiencing with the vinyl rig for several months before making this decision.
The Muse is a wonderful player and I have not looked back, I believe it will compete with any one-box digital source available at this time. I will get back into vinly again in the future, but for now I will be concentrating on building my cd collection and enjoying music wtih the Muse.
As far as new/different digital format issues are concerned, I am not worried. The Thalia 9 is factory upgradeable to any future format(s).

Chris

Digital is more convenient, it is currently less expensive (software) and certainly has its virtues. Unfortunately, I personally haven't heard digital that competes with vinyl sonically insofar as sounding like real. Not to get off topic but from my perspective the answer to your question is a big NO! But I love that convenience and listen to digital at least 60% of the time. Analog is a big pain in the arse!
digital software is less exensive??
just today a co-worker gave me approx.400 LP's she no longer wants.lots of blues and classic rock inc.some 'possibly' valuable Beatles! Cant get any cheaper than that!