NEED A RECOMMENDATION FOR NEW CD/SACD PLAYER

My Esoteric K-01 player has just stopped working for the second time.
The transport works, but no audio on any source--no audio on CD and no audio from my server. I will send it back for repair. This is the second time for repairs in two years.

Can anyone recommend a CD/SACD player that is more reliable? I thought the sound of the K-01 was very good; I am happy to consider units that are better sounding and/or more expensive. But reliability is just as important.

I just don't want to deal with the unit going down again. . .
huntermusic
I also suggest you demo the Oppo 105 CD player. As noted above, the player offers many options, is a great value for the money, supports DSD and their customer service is terrific. See:

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-105/

Another more expensive option is the Ayre CX-7eMP CD player. I suggest you arrange for demo of the Ayre player also.
HunterMusic, before you give up on K-01, I suggest that you discuss your K-01 in detail directly with Tim Crable at Esoteric. K-01 is constructed like a tank, and esoteric products have historically been extremely reliable... The behavior of your unit is rare event in Esoteric products...

It is unlikely that you will find a CDp brand with better build quality... And some of the best CDps on the market today, including the Playback Designs MPS5 mentioned above, do use Esoteric transport mechanisms... Although invariably a few levels below from the subassembly inside K-01.

I have the Esoteric K-07, going on two years, have not had any issues, if your player has now failed twice then Esoteric should replace it no questions asked. Very hard to believe that there flagship player has failed twice, I would try to resolve with Esoteric,it would be, I think, to replace it with something better, since you have the best player now.

Good luck.