Your opinion on cable spending

I will be looking to replace my current interconnects & speaker cable within the next couple of months. I can budget up to $2500 for i/c's & speaker cable, my question is do I spend more on i/c's? Or spend more on speaker wire or budget around 50% for both? Your opinion & why would be appreciated.
bobheinatz
Bobheinatz, can you tell us more about your system.
Its easier for us Agoners to recommend how much cable,
and what kind a cable that is right for your system.
For $2500, you will be able to dress your system with good
used cable,and achieve the musicality you are looking
for.Thanks
Sean...My four word comment was intended to highlight, by contrast, the complexity of your solution to the problem. Maybe poke a little fun at it :) Most cable-ophiles do cite tonal balance as their objective.

I don't think that equalizers quite deserve their bad rap. Few if any recordings have escaped equalization during the mastering process, so I have trouble getting upset about one more pass through an equalizer. Also, in my experience the greatest benefit of an equalizer is that after you diddle with it for a while you can convince yourself that the original tonal balance was OK after all, so you set it flat, or switch it out. But the doubts are gone.
Jayctoy,

I should have given my system earlier.

Amp - Sun 300B mono amps
Pre - Supratek tube
Speakers- Tyler Lynbrook monitors
electrocompaniet CDP
cables - Nordost Blue Heaven

I am very happy with everything but the cable. I would like a very neutral sounding cable & not dark or bright.
By looking at your system, Audience cable will be
my first choice, very neutral cable, I have
heard,the maestro might work, the AU24 is even better.
.I tried the blue heaven, I think they are
on the lean side,and bright side.The red dawn are
way much better.
Second choice will be TG audio
Third choice Luminous Audio.
Recently bought Analysis Plus Crystal Solo interconnects.
Fabulous cable. My best investment.