Magnum or Fanfare Tuner. Which Sounds the Best?

Of the Magnum tuners in the less than $1600 range including FT-101A, MD-90, MD-100, how do any of these compare to the comparably prices Fanfare FT-1A FM tuner?

Which tuner simply sounds better, Magnum or Fanfare?
abecollins
Abe: Dynalab has a remote also - in fact two or three of them as options. Their original remote is a small 6-preset pushbutton box connected via unbilical cord to the tuner; I have two of them. Then they came out with the outboard infrared receiver remote which also plugs into the tuner via an accessory cord. The latest design builds the infrared remote unit right into the tuner.
I bought the MD100 because it comes with balanced outputs standard, and MDs techs said it sounded significantly better that way, so a barely used MD100 at $1100 made more sense than an Etude or Fanfare for a few hundred less.
I softened the bright meters by covering the lower 1/3 of their windows with black electrical tape, and then using acetate film. NOW it looks well-proportioned and softer at night. Surprisingly easy to tune even though fully analog.
Ultraquiet and a bit leaner than I expected, so I find HT Truthlink XLRs just about perfect. Good luck. Ern
Here it is many years later and I learned my lesson. The Fanfare tuner was not for me. It was veiled with rolled off frequency extremes.

I later purchased a used Magnum FT101A which was far superior sounding all around. It was a lot more transparent sounding throughout with good frequency extension in the bass and treble region where the Fanfare was "artificially warm" only because it lacked highs making it seem "warmer" in the mids.

Another very good tuner but much less costly than the Fanfare or Magnum is the Marantz ST6000. It comes with a full function remote and it has excellent dynamics with good frequency extension up and down and especially robust bass (which I kind of like since some FM stations seem to sound a bit "thin" at times).