Pass Lab X1 and X250 - Which XLR?

I've got a new amp and preamp headed my way as we speak and need help finding decent "starter" balanced interconnects. Due to the $$$ I just laid out, I would like to ease into the world of balanced cables with something good but affordable (under $500/pair?) with the idea of upgrading at a later date.

Speakers are Genesis V - front end to be determined...

Jim
jwilt
You might want to give Discovery Essence a try. Discovery has always used Pass equipment at CES and the combo sounds and works very well together.
on my system Audience AU24 are great ICs with superb detail and a forward image with a great bass that is not heavy but instead involving and natural with nice skin effects on drums etc. Also their detail is not bright or etched in the slightest. A really great IC for less than $500 XLR.
The AZ Sil Ref MKI or MKII are the way to go, I own the X-1 and X-250 right now and use the AZ cables, for the used prices, nothing beats them.

Happy Listening
Kimber Hero's will fit the bill. I never got the feeling Nelson Pass was much of a fancy cable fan. His intentions seem to focus on the engineering to such degree as to make their use an indulgence. But hey, I've heard beneficial differences just by rearranging my existing power cords. It sounds like you're already planning a little gift for your new pre/power combo. Rest easy. The Pass gear is good enough to make a big splurge unnecessary. Go crazy on a balanced front end instead.