Is there high output MC that can compete/beat ...

my Grado Reference Sonata? I'm looking to stay in the same $ ballpark, $250-300 used, and wondering if high output MC can improve on the Sonata's sound? Perhaps keep the warmth and rhythm while adding a bit more detail? It's mounted on a Thorens TD-320, with Cayin TA-30 amp, and GMA Callistos. Thanks all.
winegasman
Well, that's pretty unanimous! Now, the important question, which I forgot to include in my original post: is the Dynavector compatible with my Gram Amp 2Se phono preamp, which needs an input of "2 to 9 mV rms"? Thanks, Rich
Thanks dave. Does the 2.5 mV, which is at the low end of the Gram Amp 2's stated needs, mean tha I'm going to have to crank the volume more to get the same level of sound as with the Sonata (which is about 4 mV, if I remember correctly)? Thanks, Rich
"Does the 2.5 mV, which is at the low end of the Gram Amp 2's stated needs, mean tha I'm going to have to crank the volume more to get the same level of sound as with the Sonata (which is about 4 mV, if I remember correctly)? Thanks, Rich"

I had this question with my setup as I use the phono stage in my Musical Fidelity A 300 integrated amp. The MM stage which is recommended for a high output MC cartridge has 37 db gain.
The Dynavector 10X5 needs a suggested gain level of 43 or 44db.
I do turn up the volume pot on my MF A300 a bit more than with a CD player. Most people have told me that this is not an issue. I do not notice any S/N ratio issues.
If your phono preamp gain is around 40db you should be fine. There is also issue of your preamp that it goes into.

Others may have more informed opinions here.
All I can tell you is that the 10X5 plays louder at the same volume level on my preamp than the Shure V15VxMR and ADC XLM Mk. II that I use on another turntable. Yet these other carts supposedly have a higher output than the Dyna. You'll have plenty of gain, IMHO.