RB300 with broken finger lift

One of these is listed for sale in the classifieds. Seller says the lift is broken (as oppose to sawed) off. Anyone have experience with one of these? I am aware of the theoretical arguments about resonance from the lift, etc. But my question is whether anyone actually has any experience with the 300s (or 250s) from that source. Satisfied?

Is there any reason other than resale value and the lack of a finger lift,not to get one (assuming it's otherwise sound)?

Thanks!
rnm4
I just meant that my phrase "the experience for the benefit of which I asked my question", though grammatically correct, sounds snooty. (I have got to learn to type better, too!)

Nrchy, I didn't mean a problem in terms of getting the arm on and off a record. There are plenty of arms out there without finger lifts, so I know one doesn't "need" one. I meant sonically, proper tracking, etc.
I just meant that my phrase "the experience for the benefit of which I asked my question", though grammatically correct, sounds snooty. (I have got to learn to type better, too!)

Nrchy, I didn't mean a problem in terms of getting the arm on and off a record. There are plenty of arms out thee without findger lifts, so I know one doesn't "need" one. I meant sonically, proper tracking, etc.
Rnm4:

I bought an RB250 from Curtis (Audiophileanswers) a few months ago. It had the finger lift intact, but was a demo. It arrived in perfect condition and exactly as described. The broken finger lift problem is pretty common to Regas, as the alloy they use is pretty brittle. Depending on how it got broken off, it's possible that it might affect the bearings. As David99 stated, removing the finger lift is one of the common Rega tweaks, so it might have been removed on purpose. Rega seems to have engineered a score there so it will break off cleanly, but that's specualtion. Rega has never admitted that any of the common tweaks are improvements.

I had a great transaction with Curtis and he was very helpful and easy to work with. If he says the arm is in good shape save the finger lift, it probably is. His feedback here reflects that.

I asked him and he didn't admit to it, but I suspect he has a reliable and regular source for demo and B stock Rega goods, as he seems to have something for sale here almost all the time.

David