best cartridge for MMF-7, stock tonearm,below1000

I need help selecting a new cartridge for my MMF-7, it currently has the stock arm with goldring m/c cartidge. I am using a PH-1 phono stage, with a tube pre, sunfire amp, and VMPS STR/SE speakers. I would like to stay under 1000.00 if possibe, Thanks, Rob.
radiob
Even a broken watch gets it right twice a day ... but only once if it's digital ;-)
thanks for all of your guys advise.Bombaywalla,you have been a great help, this was excactly the information I was hoping to find, I only wish the dealer I purchased it from was so straight with facts. I also have a rega planar 2,I decided 2 list them both, and upgrade two a better deck. I set a budget of 2500.00 any sugestions? Thanks, Rob
Well, I sold the MMF-7 , and I think Im going to buy a VPI Scoutmaster. One just popped up on a,gon, and now I need a cartidge, suggestion? Thanks guys.
Go to www.hwsound.com Larry at Hollywood sound is very helpful and will not over sell you. The 10X5 was better than a Bens Glider series 1, he helped me a lot on my MM7.
Ben