best cartridge for MMF-7, stock tonearm,below1000

I need help selecting a new cartridge for my MMF-7, it currently has the stock arm with goldring m/c cartidge. I am using a PH-1 phono stage, with a tube pre, sunfire amp, and VMPS STR/SE speakers. I would like to stay under 1000.00 if possibe, Thanks, Rob.
radiob

Showing 4 responses by radiob

come on guys, any help? The cartridges I am looking at are the shelter 501, dynavector karat, Zyx r-100. which, if any will work best with my tonarm and table?
Thanks, I know the table and arm combo is not the greatest, but my stylus needs replaced and I figured it would be a good time to spend the money on one I could carry over to a different TT. I have the MMF-7 in a different room than my speakers, it feels no sound. Would a different arm be a worthy investment? I have a RB250 in my closet, will it work on the MMF deck? Also,Bombaywalla
you stated that with the next tier carts the ROI will be low, could you explain what that means? thanks for your help, Rob
thanks for all of your guys advise.Bombaywalla,you have been a great help, this was excactly the information I was hoping to find, I only wish the dealer I purchased it from was so straight with facts. I also have a rega planar 2,I decided 2 list them both, and upgrade two a better deck. I set a budget of 2500.00 any sugestions? Thanks, Rob
Well, I sold the MMF-7 , and I think Im going to buy a VPI Scoutmaster. One just popped up on a,gon, and now I need a cartidge, suggestion? Thanks guys.