Record Cleaning Machines

That's my experience I would like to share, probably the one or the other will benefit:
As a long time VPI 16.5 user, I always thought, the real important thing is the vacuum.
Cleaning fluid needs some time on the record to get into the grooves, helped by scrubbing.
And when 1 wash is not enough, ok, then another one ...

Now I got a Keith Monks RCM and I simply could not believe how much better that one is.
The vacuum with the string, which sucks every grrove is so much better it is hard to describe. No joke, I used records I cleaned* 5x times with my VPI and still had some noise, now it's gone. And, the fluid after the cleaning is DARK.
The improvement in dynamics was not subtle ...
I think, the Keith Monks is rare, really rare and there is another one, which I think is really interesting, it is based on the same system.
The Loricraft.
A excellent choice, too.

Happy listening.

* L'Art du Son
thomasheisig
Well, with respect to the KM, I'm glad to know that SOMETHING that costs 10-15 times more than what Im using yields more than a 5-10% increase in performance... :-)
I'm jealous Thomas. Knowing your standards I believe what you say. I wish I could afford one of these myself.

I called Keith Monks in England last year and they mailed me a brochure and price. I think the dollar has slipped since then. I still have it on my wish list, especially after seeing the LC and Garrard 301's at the High End Show in London last month.
By the way, here is a link to my image of the Loricraft LP cleaning machine. It can be seen directly behind the gentleman, pointing out the beautiful Garrard 301 painted in Bentley color scheme.

http://events.audiogon.com/i/en2004/f/1097343099.jpg
On my VPI 16.5, when I beta tested the two step cleaning fluids from Audio Intelligent Vinyl Solutions, the creation of Audiogon member Paul Frumkin, there was an impressive benefit. So, even with the more reasonably priced VPI unit, budget-minded vinyl enthusiasts can really enhance the retrieval of information from the grooves.
Paul's website, and the original Audiogon discussion thread from which his user comments are drawn, both give lots of positive feedback if anyone needs to get up the courage to try new cleaning solutions for use on the more widely owned cleaning machines.
I'd like to confirm Listener57's view of Paul Frumkin's AIVS record-cleaning products. My LPs have never sounded as good or looked as shiny. Really amazing stuff.