Has anyone had experience with the Schroeder Arm

In a high res setup has anyone been able to compare this arm to the top pivoting competition.I think that the fact that the pivot is magnetic as opposedto a bearing like a unipivot(needing damping) should on paper be less resonant and maybe sound better.I currently own,and,am happy with a Graham 2.2,but the idea of a true frictionless bearing (all bearings have some degree of friction)really could make a real difference in a good setup.I'm not interested at the moment in straight line trackers with air bearings (although I love some of them)due to the hassle of external pumps and tubing runs.
sirspeedy
Hi one more time,
One thing I forgot. The Reference arm is often equipped with a high purity, very thin solidcore wiring that has a higher series resistance that most wires. This will result in a slightly lower output which needs to be compensated for when doing a comparison. Otherwise the competitior might sound more "exciting" when used with the same cart.

Greetings from Berlin,

Frank
Frank's arm is the best I have ever heard. On a Loricraft Garrard 501, it replaced my excellent Walker Presidium, which of course has a big pump and long hoses.

I continue to use it with the Decca Jubilee. This is a very difficult cartridge to set up, but it is sounding outstanding in the Schroeder Reference.

Who is Raul?
Raul,counting people thread without looking the activation date is meaningless.

Mine is 112 (Aug 2001) and yours is 52 (April 2004)??

Looking people thread to show how stupid they are and how smart your are is showed your real attitude.
Dear Frank

If you could quickly answer a question for me I would greatly appreciate it.
I am having a local machinist make me an armboard for a new tonearm. The armboard I have is brass. What do you think would happen to the sound it I changed in to a metal like Stainless Steel or Aluminum or Titanium.
Which would be good or bad in you experience.
Also do you have a Canadian Distributor.

Paul
Hi Paul,
It depends upon the arm you intend to mount(among other things the material it is made of). Some will sound better on the aluminum board, others you´ll prefer when mounted on the brass board(all dimensions being equal..)
I´ve yet to hear a stainless(plain,undamped) armboard, but high internal damping isn´t exactly it´s main property. Bearing bronze or "Grauguss" (a type of cast iron, unfortunately ferromagnetic) would be far preferable.
Anything against CLD armboards? Hardwood/Aluminum and many other options to choose from. Sorry, this might not be the answer you´ve been looking for.

Cheers,

Frank