Better Transport than CAL Delta

I have a CAL Delta/Alpha Combo, and I am currently using an Integra Research RDC-7 as the Pre Amp. At this time, we are leaning a preferance towards the Delta being processed by the RDC-7. If I were to sell my Alpha and my Delta, is there a better transport to have in the 1K new or used price range? I am also considering getting the mating DVD/DVD-A player from Integra Research. Any suggestions are appreciated.
ton1313
After intrigued by the fable, I got one and it was no comparison to a Proceed PDT-3.
Before you go away from the Alpha, I'd very strongly recommend that you listen to a 24/96 Alpha. With good tubes, it'll blow you away!!!!

As far as the transport goes, listen to Theta if you can afford it. I had a Delta as well and after much evaluation chose the Pioneer Elite CLD-91 Laserdisc player for my transport. I would have chosen the Theta Voyager but it was beyond my reach price-wise. Both are outstanding sounding transports.... I don't know why the LD players playing cd's sound better than most cd players but check it out for yourself - you won't be disappointed. In addition, you'll pickup another format as well.

Again, really think about the upgrade for your Alpha - it's worth it!!!

Good Luck!

Steve
Steve,
I did swap the tubes in my DAC to 1963 GE Large Plates, and it was a Huge difference. The guys at my local shop are not recommending the 24/96 upgrade, they say take the upgrade money and sell the CAL and get a better DAC. As I stated I did just get the Integra Research RDC-7, and we are starting to prefer the DAC's in it to the CAL. So I see an opportunity to sell and get some $$$ for a new style of transport, either a dedicated CD or DVD/CD transport.

Thanks for all of the advice

If you don't have a DVD player yet, the Sony 7000/7700
will smoke your Delta. And they are cheap! Besides,
you get a great DVD player.