Results from Beta Testers of New Formulas

Hi everyone,

Please use this thread to post the results of your testing of the 2-step formulas. Thank you.

Best regards,
Paul Frumkin
paul_frumkin
Joe ... I apologize for the unruly ninjas. I'm currently performing an advanced microscopic ninjactomy on the remaining brews, and hope to replace the ill-behaved rascals with better trained microscopic audio ninjas in the near, if not microscopic, future.

On a more serious note, we've yet to hear from many of the folks who received samples. Kindly post feedback when you can. Thanks!

Best regards,
Paul Frumkin
Sometimes I feel like I'd like to crawl through my DSL line just to see how big some of you audio bullies really are.

Thank God I'm not involved in this!!!

Lugnut and Slipknot (sounds like a MK & BM together..)

Please forgive Raoul. He hasn't done the internal organ cleansing I prescribed him a few weeks ago. Neither he has cleansed himself in the ocean. He's going to keep knocking till he gets the *flush*...

Paul,

I'm testing as we speak. As some on this thread were getting a little ridiculous (not the ninja's, I was laughing my ass off over that one!), I was holding off posting until I had a good feel for the results. Given the temporary loss of my tube amp, I've been spending some time getting used to the Belles. While I like the amp, I like the Audio Note better. So, I've been playing a loy of lp's to get the sound down.

In the preliminary usage of your formula, I am impressed. Not only does it get albums visibly cleaner, but I believe there to be a sonic improvement as well.

Note, this is preliminary. I will spend quite a few hours over the weekend doing comparisons. The other thing I want to try is using DD brushes compared to the Last brushes I've been using. They won't be here in time for this evaluation, but I may take you up on your offer for more fluids when they get here.

Be ready for a detailed report, probably Sunday night.

Joe
Hey Raoul,

Yesterday I ran into a box w/business cards and I found the one belonging to my beloved Mexican model (lives in Tlaltenco Tláhuac, Xochimilco). I thought my then South American *amiga* had thrown the card in the trash! Anyway, this model was one of the Puro Loco TV program models. Forget about audio for a moment...she's about five feet-seven, dark brown skin, curvaceous body, long brown hair, a six pack PLUS a very *fleshy* mouth!!!

My girlfriend, the exotic dancer in Monterrey is a whole different *animal*...and also has a six pack!!!

Viva México.

With psychic power and primal intensity,
Paul,
I've begun listening after cleaning 4 LPs today. My methodology was similar to others. 2 LPs were purchased (used) yesterday after a trip to Academy Records in NYC. The others were garage sale purchases from a year or so ago. I used the 2 step process on side A and my normal RRL Deep Cleaner & Super Vinyl Wash process on side B. I did use separate brushes for each.
One question for all regarding brushes: Any learnings? I use a VPI nylon brush for step 1, and the disk doctor brush for step 2...
Too much commotion in my house to do serious listening today, but I can say that I noticed a difference immidiately on the first LP, King Crimson-Beat. This is one I just purchase NM to NM-, with a few paper scuffs, but no major scratches. The side with your 2-step definitely had less surface noise. This LP has good dynamics, and it was nice hearing notes attack cleanly and quietly. I'm looking forward to more serious listening over the next few days...
Cheers,
Spencer