Homemade Record Cleaning Fluids??

I REFER TO THE RECENT INTERESTING AND INFORMATIVE THREAD ON DISTILLED WATER; AND, I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS DEVELOPED A HOMEMADE RECORD CLEANING SOLUTION THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO SHARE. THANKS MUCH.
wepratt
3.5L lab quality distilled water. 500ml ethanol. 20ml 30% ammonium hydroxide. Vacuum filter through 0.45 micron filter. Add 20 drops Squeggy (sp?) Off - available at Home Depot. note: no guarrunty (sp?) that this won't pull the plasticisors (sp?) out of your vinyl. It does 'wet' the surface real well and the records do sound 'clean'.
search the archives here,audioasylum and a Google web search for "cleaning solution" or "record cleaning" and you with discover many answers
I bought my Moth RCM from a branch of Audio T (chain of independent hi fi shops) in the UK; In fact it was their shop machine as most people had sold their vinyl by then (early 1990s).
They told me to use the following
4 parts distilled water to 1 part 70% isopropyl alcohol
add 2-3 drops photographic wetting agent (available from camera store darkroom supplies) per 200 ml of working solution.
Been using this for years - works well, no problems yet.
If you are using a machine, VPI? 3 parts distilled water with 1 part denatured alcohol. If by hand, wash with ivory diswashing liquid and warm water(pure soap. other cleaners are intended to leave something on the dishes). Rinse well, blot with absorbent lint free cloth. Stand in dishwashing rack and let dry. If you are a secreter like me, you may want to use latex gloves to prevent finger prints. If you are washing by hand, decide ahead of time if the paper label in the middle of the record is important to you. If so you will have to devise a method that does not require emersion of the total reord in water.
If you want to give record a good scrubbing, buy vpi record brush (the one that comes with the machine and is available separately at Audio Advisor, etc.).
Nope, never nohow. I use reverse ozmosis water, same as my fish get. But no alcohol. After the initial water bath I go with Record Doctor because my recordings are too dear for me to fool with them. The cost per wash is fine because he sells a consentrate.