FIM Gold: Flexible Alternatives.

I have tried so many hi-end and some ultra expensive power cords over the last few years. They all had their strong points but none never seemed to justify their price. Most lowered the noise floor others hi-lited parts of the frequency response etc. But nothing made me stop and say "WoooooooooW, now that is a big difference that is undeniably better in terms of micro-macro dynamics, apparent super speeding up the presentation (sort of like going from conventional dynamic speakers to the Avantgard Duos (you know what I mean if you have heard those horns properly set up)" when I hooked FIM Gold Power Cords to my amp and preamp.

BUT....they are the biggest pains in the behind to work with. Like bending a relatively thick, solid metal rod. If you used them you know what I am talking about. Has anyone done extensive comparisons to other cords and come up with alternatives that bring the same level of musicality (blinding speed, power, black noise floor etc). I have used these cords with a variety of equipment and they always do their trick. Otherwise I would not put up with their Ironman ways. These are incredible incredible cords and will keep them unless there are REAL alternatives.
nanderson
Please give the Omega Mikro Active power cords a listen.They are extremely flexible and provide similar improvements in my system.Please contact me to arrange for a 30 day money back guarantee.
I have (and using) a FIM Gold, Tran ref xl, electraglide and a Kimber Palladian 10. Try the Kimber. It's a little more nuetral than the FIM, in my setup, the FIM brings out the bottom end a little much on my amp.

Oh, you won't need a pipe wrench or vice. The FIM is a nice cord over all.
One last comment...the Silver version is more flexible. Just easier to manipulate...try one as well if you're super in love with the FIM sound.

Kimber has much better IEC socket...
I like the standard and even better the Signature cords. I have also used and still own the FIM cord. I think the Elrod is better and definately easier to use. I also agree with you on the Duos, which by the way I use Elrod EPS 3 sigs for the subs