HMS TPO MATCH cables

does the impedance selector work on some ratio between input/output connected components with aural fine tuning later or is it all play by the ear. any suggestion on popular settings.sunil
sunilsood

On listening, myself and six other people all picked the '0' impedence setting in all cases. We used it with a placette/ayre/eidolon system and a CR Developments Romulus/gallo system. It was not a scientific test.

I liked it for the airy quality it lent the presentation.
The higher impedence settings did seem to lower the noise floor but also took away the airy quality.
I also tried many settings and combination settings and wound up leaving them on zero. Guess I didn't need the impedence boxes after all. But I do find the cables superb.
I too tried many settings and combinations of settings. I ended up leaving them on zero. I also guess I didn't need the impedence boxes. But I do find the cables to be very good.
I too have left mine on zero. You might get some suggestions from the manufacturer if you give the output and input impedances of the items you're connecting. Excellent cables overall, give up very little to the much higher priced cables in my system.