Opinions greatly appreciated

Hello All,

I just recently purchased a creek obh 9 mc phono stage at my dads request for his turntable assembly. To his mistake he found out his shure v15 IV is a mm phono cartridge. He finds the sound bad which is no suprise. He is considering possibly replacing the cartridge or just selling the phono stage for the creek obh 8. Does anyone think it would be worthwhile or even possible to find a MC cartridge of better quality than the shure v15 IV for $75-$150 new. Or would it just be better to just get the mm phonostage.

Thanks in advance
krazeeyk
I would try a Denon DL 103, which can be had from Europe (Phonophono) for around $130. But Carl is right: You really have to have a very good Tonearm for that one, at least a Rega RB250 for example. I don't think there's a better MC out there for that price.

Good luck....

Rene
Carl and Rene,
The Denon 103 is a great suggestion, though even further over budget than the Shure, but I would be somewhat surprised if the TT in question has an arm that could handle it.

I'm just guessing of course, as we all are. Krazeeyk are you still around?
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay. My dads turntable and Tonearm assembly is a Dual 622 direct drive. He just has the stock tone arm.

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions