AES/EBU S/PDIF

Can a CD transport with an AES/EBU output be connected to a CD burner with a RCA S/PDIF input via a XLR to RCA cable? Will the digital singal pass and what would be the resulting sonic degredation? If anyone can settle this argument between myself and a co-worker it would be much appreciated.
blackie
NO! AES/EBU is 110ohms and SPDIF RCA is 75 ohms. The AES/EBU output is 3.5v and RCA is 0.5v.....

HOW CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE??????
I run an AES/EBU into my pre-amp. Then I use an rca digital out to my burner. Most cd players will have an rca out along with the aes/ebu out. Both my transports do. Hope this helps. I have also used an optical loop from the pre to the burner with good results.
For Genesis168 - AES/EBU is actually 5V not 3.5V and there is a margin of error of +/- 20% for the 110ohm AES connection and the S/PDIF allows +/- 5% margin of error.

P.S. The transport ONLY has AES/EBU, the burner has ONLY RCA S/PIDF. Anybody who has tried this before please let me know what the results are, it would be much appreciated.
you can try an upsampler like the Assemblage D2D-1
www.partsconnection.on.ca upsamples plus has inputs for RCA and can automatically switch to AES/EBU out
read the imfo on their site...
their unit comes also with a bnc to rca adaptor. about $499.