MIT Love 'em or Hate 'em

Has anyone else noticed that audio stores that carry MIT think there is no better cable type and stores that don't carry MIT all think they are terrible. Is this sour grapes or is something else going on here?
bundy
FWIW, I have never been interested in trying out any of the networked cables simply because of the boxes themselves. Can't say anything for 'em or against 'em one way or the other sonically speaking (tho' their prices often do seem a bit excessive), but I suspect I am not alone in my prejudice.
My 2 cents - I love 'em. I think the opposite is true unklecrusty - the better the components the greater the need for a neutral cable. The 350 SG EVO and 350 reference ic's that I use are incredible. There is no sonic signature that I can pinpoint - they disappear and let the music flow in my system, you find out what your components are capable of reproducing in terms of tonality, imaging, and presence. To me, even with MIT 330 series and 750 speaker cables, they get the tone right and all other wire I've tried simply cannot. Instruments sound real. The one weakness with MIT is cost - the reference stuff is outrageously expensive. However, the performance difference between 330 series and 350 series is very significant, like any significant component ugrade in the chain. I like the networks, the higher up the chain you venture - the more and bigger the network. The reference stuff has metal boxes instead of plastic. Asthetically, I think they look cool - purists can't stand the idea of a network, frankly, I don't care - I just strive for satisfaction. As someone mentioned there is alot of passion with regard to MIT and I'm someone is going to passionately blast my post.
love 'em upstream of the preamp... hated them between the pre & the amp...

tweakers delight...
...even if we disagree about what "neutral" means.

I've got some pretty expensive and hi res products going in my rig, and I've tried some of the top macigbox reference cables for loudspeakers and interconnects - gave a long chance - but they just did something to the sound that I didn't like. It got all extra detailed on top and bottom but the midrange disappeared - like someone eq'd my system with a 'disco curve' bump the highs and lows and suck out the middle. It didn't sound like natural music to my ears (I listen to a lot of acoustic guitar/vocal stuff).

Regardless - it just doesn't make sense to this old hack that some "network" (fancy name for filter) on a cable can make a megabuck high resolution system perform better than its designers intended it to perform. Passive "networks" work by taking something out of the signal. "Power Factor Correction" is essentially parallel capacitance - fine for induction motor systems and power supplies - but mixed with the essential series L of the circuit that it is hooked into you get a second order low pass filter.

You say you like it. Great. I'll never argue with you about what you like. All I've been saying is call it for what it is and don't pretend its something magical and unknowable - I realize that many folks need to imagine that it's too complicated to grasp in order to justify spending big money on sexy boxes, and for them ... well, I never quarrel with religeous people because there's way too much 'faith' in the argument and I like proof.

And proof is really where alot of this bug me. You can buy a kazillion dollar amplifier, speaker, preamp, cd player, whatever ... whip out your screwdriver and have a look inside and see what they are doing and where your money has gone. With these magicbox cables, everything is a big secret and sealed up inside so you can't see what you spent your money on. You have to take it all on faith if you're going to opt in.