Any Good SACD Player Plays CD Well

I'm using Sony SCD555ES and wanna upgrade to a better one. For the range of USD10000, any good SACD player can do well at red book, which close to the grade of Wadia 861, Mark 390s, or Metronome T1-i Signature?
wally_li
Rob- Needn't pay no mind to kana813, he often listens with his wallet and not his ears. Its best just to humor him and move on. BTW thanks for the info above! I sometimes get confused and need to see it laid out in plain English :o)
Kana813: Just because you are not in the position to buy a current "state of the art" digital setup, does not mean that you should give those who can a hard time. I am sure you are quite happy with your "CAL Delta Transport" and "Custom DAC from 1993", but the EMM Labs equipment is a quantum leap over what you and just about everyone else currently has.

As soon as someone on the island buys one, I will let you know so maybe you can go listen. I really think that when you listen to it playing "CD", you will recognize what those of us are talking about.

What's with da stinkeye all da time?
Kana813, if you need a fellow Hawaiian to confirm the performance level of the Meitner emmlabs DAC6 and modified Philips SACD 1000; last weekend i hosted Ronald Yee, who goes by the moniker of 'Oahuan' on Audiogon, in my room. Ronald had seen my system and posts on Audiogon and contacted me to arrange a visit while he was visiting his Son here in Seattle.

we spent 3 or 4 hours listening to my system last weekend and Ron was very impressed by the Meitner and characterized it as the best digital he had yet heard (he also liked my turntable). he also said he had a few friends back in Hawaii that were particularly interested in his report on the Meitner. i'm sure Ron would be glad to relate his impressions to you personally if you have the slightest doubt as to the performance level of the Meitner.

your skepticism regarding the Meitner is understandable, but if you were to listen for yourself the huge performance leap it represents for both cd and sacd would be easily evidant.
Jtinn- thanks for taking the time to look at my system.

Please don't try and use Hawaiian phases.

FYI- Stinkeye= Frowning at someone, using facial expression to show displeasure. We've never met and never
will.

Aloha

Kana813: Having lived on both Oahu and The Big Island, I am very familiar with the meaning of "stinkeye." Your response was very clear and showed in your post. My description was accurate.

Mahalo