Help Me With Everything Needed: Computer Audio

I'm ready to set up a computer audio to stream music from my favorite websites. I'll do ripping and storage later on.

I want to try and stay around $2k for everything and connect it to my stereo rig.

My audio setup is:
Amplifier: Cary A-306(Class D)
Preamplifier: Classe CP 35
Speakers: Mirage OMD-28
Sources: Krell SACD Standard Mk3, Jolida JD 100 modified, Don Allen Marantz Changer

I've done a little research. I'm thinking to get a laptop or Mac Mini--whichever is less complex.

I'm thinking of the mhdt Havana DAC

Can you suggest a reasonably (think good but inexpensive) cable. Which is best, glass toslink, usb or other---I don't know all the jargon...

Please tell me everything I need to purchase to hook it up to my stereo rig.
foster_9
Since I plan to rip and store later rather than now and want to stream from my favorite websites, I'm going with a Toshiba with I5 processor, HRT Streamer II+ and Wireworld Starlight usb.
There's a great article over at 6moons.com that got me to thinking that maybe I'll just hold off on going the computer route for now. It's not that it's not the next step up the evolutionary ladder but the extra costs and efforts are making it a non-starter for me at the moment. The author seems to have gone the extra mile and it looks like its right up your alley. Here's the link:
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/oddsnends/1.html

Good luck.
Nonoise - Many people are getting very nice results from computer audio. If you are not somewhat computer savvy, then it is probably best to hold off. But if you are somewhat computer savvy and willing to put in a little effort, it is very much worth it. I'm afraid the author of this article is a little too critical of a process which he may not be ready to accept.
Apparently, software like Amarra and Puremusic do not work with Windows-based computers. Can you make recommendations for software with a new Windows-based laptop with (Windows 7)?