Idiot Newbie question

I feel like an idiot for having to ask this...

What's the proper way to use my carbon fiber brush on my records? I'm new to vinyl and don't have anybody to teach me these things...

I have a Hunt EDA brush, if that means anything.
themadmilkman
I went to a thrift store and bought a a couple of 50 cent record that are scratched like no get out so I can work on this without ruining anything crucial to me. I'm also going to use it to try some home brew wet cleaners I've read about here on audiogon. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Allow the brush to lightly sit on the spinning record for a couple of revolutions in a radial position. You just want the brush bristles to contact so that they will trap the surface dust so that it can be swept away. Now slowly move the brush in a straight line off the toward the edge of the record while staying gently in contact with the playing surface. After the brush clears the edge of the record, gently touch the brush to the arm or headshell to neutralize any residual static charge and then use the cover of the brush to flick off the dust and make it ready for the next cleaning.

After about 100 cleanings or so I wash the brush with a microdrop of dish detergent and lots of distilled water then rinse several times in distilled water so that minimal residue remains. I do this becuase I have noticed that generic dust seems to have a hydrophobic content to it, like grease, that accumulates with time. The last thing I would want would be to add back sticky stuff with the brush after I've vacuum cleaned the record with Record Research vinyl wash on a VPI 16.5 machine.