Why are EMC-1 s being dumped on market?

It seems everyone is selling their EMC-1 players.
What is suddenly better? Are the new Audiomeca, Naim
or Brand X units a major leap forward? I have been sitting
out the Format War and listening to vinyl. However, I
would like wider selection in new music and would like to
know what is state-of-the-art and/or a good buy. Is the EMC-1 last year's technology?
gvwaudio
I'd like to hear thoughts on this one, too. Interestingly, I would have to say that at the Stereophile show last weekend there were probably more EMC-1's in exhibitors' setups that any other CD player (at least that I noticed). Must have seen at least 4 or 5 of them in various setups. I left with the impression that a disporportionate number of exhibitors, when they didn't have a particular CD player to hawk, chose to bring the ECM-1 when deciding what to show off their other gear with. Wasn't keeping track, but I was surprised to keep seeing them in room after room. If people are really dumping them (there is some buzz about an upgrade?) then I'd sure be happy to consider picking one up on the cheap...
I think that happens with most products that recieve a bunch of rave reviews. Many people buy them based on those raves...often unheard, I'm sure...and then decide to move on. The sound may not suit them or their system, or they're just finicky audiophiles and they think that there's something better out there. I'm sure it's a great player though...I don't think quality is the issue. Take advantage of their impulsive nature and pick one up used. :-)
One more possible reason...Electrocompaniet has announced a new model, so many people may be planning on upgrading.
I was at the show this weekend. I only saw one of these players in use. Everyone was showing the Accuphase DP-75V (really).
Its just a timing thing. Seen it many times over the years with a few different products. It's quaility unit. Worth the prices advertised in most of the classifieds.