Cable vs. Electronics: biggest bang for the buck

I recently chronicled in a review here, my experience with a very expensive interconnect. The cables cost nearly $7000 and are well beyond my reach. The issue is, the Pursit Dominus sound fantastic. Nothing in my stereo has ever sounded so good. I have been wondering during and since the review how much I would have to spend to get the same level of improvement. I'm sure I could double the value of my amp or switch to monoblocks of my own amps and not obtain this level of improvement.
So, in your opinion what is the better value, assuming the relative value of your componants being about equal? Is it cheaper to buy, great cables or great electronics? Then, which would provide the biggest improvement?
128x128nrchy
I am glad that a new normality has returned. Clueless remains (clueless -- not adieu), Asa: are the waters are dark because I made them so & you believed me?
Detlof: I have not yet grasped knowledge allowing me to append a comment -- however frivolous.

I believe that Nrchy & 6 would agree with -- only would have put it better than I.
Gregm: on normality, waves rise, waves fall into troughs; challenge of assumptions rises, challenge subsides. Could this "normality" - the calm trough we are now in, closer in understanding - have existed without the rising? 6ch is right, there are many ways to cut a chicken, and although it would not be my chosen metaphor, both ways are part of the rising; as I said to clueless, we are all part of the wave, both up and down.

Do I get caught up in darkness? Yes, I still do. Each wave of a person's "development" involves rises and troughs. Each trough, so to speak, has its own pathologies, its own uncovered dark seed of karma, ever darker as you proceed into your own past and the collective past of all within all. People think, or like to imagine, that its a continuous blissful ascendancy, and yes there is bliss, but when the attachment to wherevever you are - and there are attachments all along the way - is seen as an illusion there is then the next desert before the next arisement. There are many deserts and during those times (and for me, this time is one of them) the darkness can catch me, pull me in before I see it, see that it is only me forgetting where I am. I am not at a "place" that is beyond levels; that is the non-dual ground of all levels. Not in a stable way. OK?

We have learned here, all of us, and sometimes there is tension with that. But I think we all meet here because we share an appreciation for a certain reflection of beauty we call "music". That coming-together is always stronger than the pulling-apart; the rising is never apart from the falling.
6ch: I don't go through my old threads often, but couldn't find one that I've talked on recently, so went to "my page" and noticed in the list that you and Muralman seemed to have the last word on a lot of my old threads, but, somehow, your responses are recent and there's a big gap between my response all the way last year and yours within the last two weeks. I see multiple times around 10-12-02, right when Muralman was perhaps mining through my old threads looking for the drunken accusation, where you also appear. I know you and Muralman were "tag teaming" me at the time on this thread, and Muralman was more rev'ed up and resented my mentioning his private demeanor, but seeing you there doing this caught me by surprise, especially given how you've presented yourself here.

Were you going through my old responses? You said that you are only here to find out what I "know", as you put it, so why would you do that? Is it a coincidence that you and Muralman seem to have done this at the same time?

Please explain. I'm open to a reasonable explanation, particularly given that we seemed to have come to a calm place here. Notwithstanding, if this is the case, you need to tell me why.