OPPO BLU RAY PLAYERS

What will happen to OPPO Blu ray players? When DVD'S AND CD's are discontinued in a few years, what will happen to OPPO?
jlettie
I don't know about you but if I were a movie studio, I'd keep banking on the BluRay wagon for a bit longer.

Most BR movies log in at about 40-50GB with special features and multiple languages. Even the smallest ones are about 25-30GB.

In Australia, uncapped plans aren't all that common - in fact, I live in an area where there is ONLY ONE telco providing ADSL and their plans are 20GB, 200GB and 500GB per month going for up to 130 bucks per month. I'd watch more than 10 movies a month and that would mean my entire allocation would be busted even before I used it for work or regular surfing.

With 4k and Object Audio plus High Frame Rates on the horizon, I doubt these sizes are going to shrink much further any time soon.

And as for Oppo, they have expanded their line up to Headphones and Headphone amps recently - along with getting their players to be HUBS (so you can hook your cable boxes to it). They were also doing handphones before this so I suspect they aren't in as much trouble as you seem to think they are.

And as for CDs going away - I dunno. I still pick up new SACDs and CDs on a regular basis - maybe even more than BRs.
When/if the necessary bandwidth becomes available all 'silver disc spinners' will be doorstops.

Doggiehowser, feel your pain having lived in NZ last year but here in the states we still are unlimited The only problem is bandwidth, I don't want to have to wait a day to download my 4K movie ...
I'll most likely switch to a computer source and use my 103 as a DAC, with either its USB or HDMI input. But, like Doggiehowser says, I'm not counting bluray out, for the time being (more than a hundred music titles to be released by Sony this fall). I can't see myself being be eager to ditch any of my discs for some time since it looks like the quality of music downloads will continue to vary, from the handful that are good to the majority that pretty much suck, for any foreseeable future...(sigh)