Would you cancel 3,250 deal cause 16 short?

Made a deal with a guy in Germany to buy his cable for $3,250 including shipping, but because the money arrived to his account short by $16 (international wire transfer) he got upset and paid $50 to return my money back? ?? I couldn't believe it!!! even though I told him that I will send you $50 to cover any charges and even help with shipping. Granted, my bank screwed up making the wire transfer the first time around but the money got there eventually, the whole thing took two weeks. My bank charged me $40. The bad thing is I sold my cable knowing that I already bought a new one. I am so pissed, Was I at fault here? Did it happen with any of you before?
myoussif
Well, yes I trusted the guy, I talked to him couple of times on the phone, he is a PhD and he had 27 points on the AG feedback system. So I figured that he is not going to screw me up.

Any ways, I guess the deal was too good and he might have realized that because the next guy up was asking $6k for his. It was the Transparent XL 8ft speaker cable. Or the other theory I have is he found somebody else to pay him more. You see, he told me so before I sent the money, but I told him that I understand you will stand to gain more and I have no problem canceling the deal, he said NO it is not a money issue, I just wanted to make sure that you will buy it. I told him please review my feedback I have more than 70 points and when I say that I will buy then it is done.

The funny part is he claims that I didn’t follow the deal by paying for all the bank charges!! I have, and I instructed my bank to do so, I offered to make it up, what else could I’ve done. He said that if I leave a –ve feedback for him he would do the same. Could you believe that?

Thank you guys and I already started over and I am sure I will find something better, it just now I am listening with these old cables that don't match the level of my gear and I am sure anything else would sound better and that is why I will try not to rush.

Thanks again for your support
Mohamed
Geez, it must be nice to have $3200 laying around to buy what, one pair of speaker cable? Sorry, I could't resist!

You must be a bond trader.

Jim
Mtyoussif, just curious. About 1 yr ago sold an expensive IC - good stuff - to a "Ph.d. in Germany" and then, about three months ago, the guy starts jammimg me in a thread, even though we'd gotten along fine. I think he'd gotten into the newest flavor-of-the-month cable, somehow, in a weird audiophile spasm, became ticked at me for selling him mine, and thought he'd diss me when I wasn't looking (which I had a "conversation" with him about). He was fine during the deal but then turned suddenly. The guy you are dealing with - his audiogon ticker - wouldn't happen to begin with "S" and end with "y" would it?
Nope, wrong guy. Geez, how many irascible-cable-loving-German-Ph.d's are there out roaming the audiogon countryside? Do a probability analysis on that one...
Jwrobinson, well it is a crazy hobby anyways, you see once you try the better cable, it is very hard to go back. By the way the cable new is listed for $10K. I thought you would like to know that.