which type of sink for record washing

I use disc doctor and a groovemaster record protector

I am going to be getting a new sink

is a metal or a ceramic sink better for lp washing?

thanks

Tom
128x128audiotomb
hopefully this is not a stupid question,but i am curious what would happen to the label once it get wet from spraying or dumpping it into the water.thanks
Ttrhp,

The GroovMaster mentioned by Audiotomb and Dekay protects the label. Everyone posting on this thread probably has one, thanks to a tip from 4yanx many months ago.

Go to Ebay and search for GroovMaster (sic). You can buy direct from the guy for about $40 if you don't want to bother with the auction. It's an indispensible tool.
Has anyone tried running them through a dishwasher machine? Labels might be a problem, but otherwise it might work. Maybe I'll give it a try. I have too many old LPs that I don't play anyway, and no place to store them.
Ttrhp, not a stupid question - the label would be damaged or ruined if not protected. You will notice through a careful reading that most people in this thread are referring to use of a Groovmaster. It is made of two acrylic discs, each with an o-ring around the outer perimeter. The discs are the size of the label area. With one disc on each side of the LP, and held together by a threaded rod running through the rings and the LP spindle hole, and then tightened by use of a knurled, threaded handle, you can seal the label and wet at will, even soak.

I've been using one of these for quite some time and it is nice to see that their use is becoming more widespread because they are really effective. Do a search on E-Bay using "groovmaster" as the keyword. About $30-$35 depending on bid. Worth it twice over, IMHO. BTW, flipping the discs over allows use with 45's.
Post removed