Aesthetix Io vs Lamm LP2

Hi,

I currently have the Aesthetix Io in my system. I am thinking of switching to the Lamm LP2. Has anyone owned/listened to both in the same system and can tell me what I can expect switching to the Lamm? I read many reviews of Lamm equipment and keep reading "dark". Is this correct?

Thanks
Rich
rmaurin
Standard or Signature version... For those commenting, it would be very helpful if you would specify whether you are comparing the standard version or the Signature version of the Io. There is a very material sound quality difference between the two.
Actually, Rich, which one do you have in your system? I've only heard the original two-box version of the IO, not the one with the two power supplies, which I'd imagine is better (but still too many tubes to take care of!).
Thank you for the replies.

My Io is about 3 years old. When I purchased it, the Signature version was not available. It is the Standard with 1 power supply.

Rich
Rich: One thing you didn't mention in your post is the cartridge you're using. The Lamm has 57 db of gain, which is sufficient for my low output (.2mv) Koetsu RSP, but I really have to turn up the volume on the Jadis JP200 I use as a line stage to get decent volume on some records (contrast that to the Jadis' phono stage, which has between 70 and 80 db of gain, since the unit as a whole has 100 db of gain). Don't know how much gain the IO gives you, both by itself and with your preamp. My bottom line on the Lamm vs. IO question is that every now and then you hear a product that you know gets the music right and is something special--my Jadis preamp is one of those, so was the IO when I first heard it 5-6 years ago and so is the Lamm equipment. Judging from your reaction (offline in an e-mail to me) to having to deal with all the IO's tubes and its size, the Lamm is a good alternative--it may be a lateral step or slightly up from the original IO, but there's very little, if anything, really, better out there, just different.