AC Power cords, which components 1st...?

I've been lying in the background with regard to upgrading power cords and I'm now thinking that I might give it a try. I fully subscribe to the laws of diminishing returns with the exponential (if not worse) price curves of these products. Therefore, I'd be looking in the $50 - $250 dollar price range. I don't need long cables (3 - 4 ft should work) and that may help the price point. Pre-owned is fine with me as well.
Given that, which components first? power amps, pre-amp, source...? and, any thought on power cord given my predisposition?
Aloia power amps, Casanova pre/pro. Capitole MKII (soon, I hope).
Thanks
rap
To answer one of questions about where do you first put a powercord on the Dac or Transport in the majority of systems the transport has a much larger effect than the Dac.
But as with everything in Audio there is no absolute. We have found a few rare cases where the Dac has a larger effect.

A powercord greatly improves the effects of a line conditioner.

Shunyata Research has just come out with the best Audiophile powercord that I have ever heard under $200 the Diamond Back at a retail price of $150. Having said that let me also state that I am a Shunyata dealer. But I have just finished listening to them for over a week and they are very good. Better than I expected them to be at the price point.

Also, do not be surprised, as have so many Audiophiles' before you, that once you experience the effects of upgraded powercords in your system that suddenly your budget will rise.

Good luck you are in for a surprising experience.
PS.....I say to start with the AC conditioner/regenerator, etc, if there is one, not so much for cleaning up the power, but to be sure your system is getting enough current. Anyway, the conditioner/regenerator will not have to work as hard if it has a good cord connecting it to the wall.
Check out the cables from Virtual Dynamics on Audiogon. $75 for a 6ft cryoed p/c. Just purchased one for myself and it's incredible. Spoke to Rick at VD and he said they are having a big sale to get some product recognition.
I would buy one and experiment. My experience has proven that it's not possible to predict the benifit to a single component within the system. I know from personal history the BMI Whale is a good fit for the Aloia, and I know the power snakes are very strong with the Casanova. Try the new Python, it is a very good cord. I use all NBS Statement but they will push your budget even used.
Definitely put a low-inductance cord directly to the wall outlet for your power amps first. Also, upgrade the outlet to a 15-amp with no steel in it - only brass. IF you want a really low-resistance connection, use the silver-plated Acme audio outlets.