Phono preamp advice.

Hi all, I am a new convert to the beauties of LPs. I recently got a MMF7 TT and a Phonomena phonopre. Reading some of the posts here I have noticed that some "in-the'know" folks mention that the phonopre is pretty important. I am meditating a move to the Audio Research PH line and am wondering whether it would be a significant upgrade from my Phonomena. The rest of my gear is a Pass X1 pre to Brystons 7bsst. Feeding B&W 802 S3s. I was hoping for something under 2K if possible. I listen, mostly, to classical and jazz. Any other phonopre recommendations would be welcomed also.
Although I do listen to CDs I am a bit amazed at the musicality I hear from analog.
Thank you.
lachobba
If you have a low to medium powered MC cartridge, you should snap up a used Sonic Frontiers Phono One. One showed up on the net in the past few days. They were $2000 list, class A rated in Stereophile, powerful and very clean and lovely sounding tube/ss hybrid. The EAR 834p units are also excellent if you have the parts upgraded, otherwise they are still very nice. Either of these should stomp the Phonomena (which is well regarded at it's price and no doubt a great value, but below the minimial standards of some fussy people like yours truly.)

(TIA: I've owned SF Phono One for several years - loving it! - and am now deciding whether to downgrade to the rather smallish modified EAR in order to reduce the footprint of my stereo. I've already gone from pre with monoblocks to a tube integrated amp. Trying to restore my living room to civilian use!)

Art
Art, thanks for the response. I have the Goldring Eroica cartridge which is a high output MC (it came with MMF7). How would the SF do with it?
Natalia
You should look into the Hagerman Trumpet. Check out Jim's website www.hagtech.com (I think). I own one and it is simply unbelievable.