Using cheap CD-R disc on Audio recorder

Did anyone use a computer cd-r disc to be burned on audio recorder player such as Pioneer or Philips ??
philc
You can record on cheaper grade computer CD blanks with the Phillips CDR880. It can be fooled into recording on the computer media. Stereophile magazine reported this and Phillips pulled the CDR880, but many had already been sold. I am sorry, but I do not remember the Stereophile issue that covered this. I, however, do know how to do it and will
be glad to help anyone who is interested. (Please email me direct) The only problem in doing this is that you cannot pause during the recording process. It is great for copying CD's directly to the lower cost media.
Keis, the problem you are having with computer grade CDR's not playing in cd players that audio grade CDR's play in is very, very unusual. It has been my experience that once finalized there is no diference between the two regarding the ability to play back. Either the cd player will play CDR's or won't. I have had some experiences where a CD player will reject a certain brand of CDR's regardless of whether it is audio or computer. I'm not saying your experiences are false, just unusual. I would like to know more. BTW, I have burned over 2500 or more CDR's, for my use or others, with at least 10 diferant brands, old and new, made in USA, Japan or Tiwain, Audio or Computer with consistant result. Either the cd player plays CDR's or it doesn't. The discs I have recorded on computer grade cd's are happily spinning in no fewer than 20 diferant types of audio cd players and none of these have rejected them and accepted only audio CDR's. PSBTW, Some players will play CDR's but never play CDRW's. Apparently the laser in these decks are incapable of reading CDRW's. Let me know more about the problems you been having, that way I can, as well as others, learn to avoid them.
Ok. I have the Harmon Cardon burner. It will not burn CDRs that don't have the audio CD logo. You are correct about CD players. Most players will play CDRs. My concern was with DVD players. Most will not play CDRs. Yes a few do but I haven't found a Sony or Tosiba for instance that will.
I believe it won't burn them due to the fact that it is a consumer CDR not a "pro" unit. This is common for all consumer models. However, I have heard that some new consumer models will accept computer grade. Although, that is just rumor at this time.
Ramstl, have you found a particular brand of CDR, ("Digital Audio" type for use in a consumer grade machine,) to be a better performer than another? I have tried Sony, Maxcell, and Nashua, so far, and I cannot tell a difference. The Nashua brand is very inexpensive and can be bought in bulk at my local Staples. Thanks, Charlie.