Jena cables

Has anyone tried them out recently? They are highly touted. Compared against Nordost and Synergistic?
gladstone
Gladstone - I'm not sure what you mean: "what are the Silversmith cables?" They are speaker cables from Silversmith Audio. I preferred these to the Jena Labs Valkrye speaker cables, but preferred the Jena Symphony interconnects to the Silversmith (and others). You might want to check out www.silversmithaudio.com Good luck.
I lived with Valhalla for about 6 weeks and thought they were incredible.The best sounding cables I'd had in my system.Fast, detailed, transparent, did I mention fast? I subsequently demo'd the Jena Symphony and Pathfinder. In my system, the Jena's did did everything the Valhalla did, PRAT, speed, detail, transparency, but in addition rendered instruments with more body, had more extended highs and a more natural sounding bass. Going back to the Valhalla, they seemed a tad threadbare and lean, the absence of body obtained with the Jena's was quite noticeable. I found the background to be blacker with the Jena's also. But the thing that struck me most was the ease of presentation with the Jena's, it was a more musically natural ,easy sound. Kinda like the headroom increased. I don't know how else to describe it. I found these characteristics with both the Symphony's and Pathfinder, albeit to a greater degree with the latter, which I purchased, along with the Twin-19 SC's. I've not heard the Valkyres. If I had been budget restrained, I would still have purchased the Jena's (Symphony), in my system it bested the Valhalla.
Jfz....I never said that I have owned the Jena Labs cables, but since I started to sell the HMS cables, I am meeting quite a few people outside of the AA and Audiogon forums.
I live in Key Largo, which is one of the holiday spots in the US, so people come from all over the world to fish and dive. Also, Miami, which is one of the great metropolitan areas of this world, is close by, so quite a few people have asked me, if they could come and visit me in my home, to see if it is only hype what I say about the HMS cables, or if I am for real and the HMS cables are really this great performers for such a low price.
And quite a few guys bring their personal cables along, for a little private shoot-out and I haven't changed the set up in my system for quite a while now. So the conditions have been the same for all cables.
Is anybody here willing to also compare the HMS versus any of the Jena Labs cables? You can email me, if you want to discuss the details of such a shoout-out.
Tekunda - I didn't mean to say you had owned the Jena Labs cables (and, actually, I didn't think I had). I was just responding to your statement that "in my opinion, the Jena Symphony wire doesn't hold a candle to the Valhalla". Again, I don't mean to give you a hard time. It's just that I think, as audiophiles trying to help others who've asked questions, we have some responsibility to say clearly where our opinions come from. If, for example, the opinion you stated was based on John Doe visiting you and comparing his brand X to the Valhalla (with the Valhalla coming out on top), along with John Doe telling you he preferred his brand X to the Jena Labs Symphony, I have no problem with that. I just think it's helpful for others to know what our opinions are based on. By the way, I'm not saying this is an accurate scenario in your case. If you've directly compared the Valhalla and Jena Symphony I think a few details about that comparison would be very helpful also.
Tireguy: Mikelavigne has not compared any of the Jena Labs cables to the Valhallas. He compared the Jena Labs Symphony with the $30,000 Transparent Opus and we all thought the Opus was a bit better at a few things, but the much less expensive Symphony did great against the much more expensive cable.

One of these days I will bring a full set for him to hear, but hs system sounds so great right now, why even bother. Even if he can improve, it is already the most enjoyable system I have ever heard.`