Help choosing digital front end.

With about a $2000 budget, any suggestions please. I currently have a Wadia 830. I am considering changing to seperates with possibly a Bel Canto Dac 1, or the Sony SACD player. Any experience with these three.
blbloom
Sfbaydude, I'm assuming from your moniker that you live in the SF Bay area, so you are not far from the HQ of Resolution in Palo Alto. I am currently listening to a CD55 on a trial purchase. I picked it up from Resolution in P.A. If you have questions about the product, you could call the contact number on the website and talk to Mike. He is knowledgable and friendly - no hard sell. You can take a CD55 home for 30 days trial if you are interested. I'm curious why you are not satisfied with the Wadia 830, reportedly an excellent player.
Robert, Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought of that one. Good guess that I live in the SF Bay Area! Heh heh. I would be pleased with the Wadia 830 if I had one; it's the original poster, Blbloom, that's got one.
I hope you find what you are looking for, I thought they still made the D-92 DAC (I've personally never heard it). I have no idea what they are up to, the past few months. Others have told me that the reason they don't have a big product lineup, is that they do consulting for other companies, thus not having the time to commit to designing and marketing a lot of different equipment. I recently e-mailed the designer, and instead got a form letter from someone else, so I have no idea what's happening with them. I knew from the outset that they weren't a big conglomerate like Harman (who owns Madrigal/Levinson), but that in no way discouraged me from trying the product. It was sort of the opposite, actually. Anyway, good luck.
I suggest you try a DAC and Transport from Ric Schultz at Electronic Visionary Systems, a Millenium 2 Dac with upsampling will run $850.00 plus Ric will be modding the next affordable generation Sony SACD player. Something you might want to consider and is in your price range. I have a complete digital rig from Ric (DAC,cable, & Transport) for about $1500.00 and it sounds wonderful. Check out his website www.tweakaudio.com and check out all the 5 star reviews in www.audioreview.com Good luck, Mike
I just received the bidat Its better than a krell kps30i when used with a sony dvd7700 there is no going back to krell sound this bidat with the dvd7700 and an illumanati d 60 dig cable is a keeper using lamm, silver audio and martin logam request combo really nice and musical