Resolution Audio Vs. Wadia

Has anyone compared the Resolution Audio CD50 or CD55 to the Wadia 860x. What have you found? Which is better for directly driving an amp? Does the Resolution Sound better or worst through a reference quality preamp?
tbonephile
I haven't heard the Resolution Audio CD50 or 55 yet though the Wadia 860x is one of the best I've heard, but methinks your comparison isn't exactly fair, since the Wadia retails for more than TWICE a brand new CD55 and FOUR TIMES a used CD50. A closer comparison might be between the Resolution players and a Wadia 830.
I've owned the Wadia 860(not the x) and presently own both the CD 50 and CD 55. They are all fine players. The Resolutions with their analog volume control (actually a fully differential dedicated preamp) has better extension. You don't lose detail at the end of the spectrum as you do with the Wadia. All of this is system dependant. If your amps and speakers don't reproduce these hz levels then you won't miss the dropout from the Wadia's. But at half the price for better performance it is awful tough to beat either of the RA models.
I have wanted to hear RA CD-55, and I have heard the 860, 860x and today the 861. Hifinut604, this is a fair comparison, since the RA products advertisement holds the claim that it will blow away players more than 2x the cost. Digital volume on the wadias is less than perfect, and I would rarely hook them direct. For a tweeky listening session, yes, but for every day use and convience -- my preamp and all of the other analog sources that comprise my system need to be switched in and I would not buy all of the A/D converters to make the wadia a front end in my system. It is just wrong to put a quality turntable and phono amp into a A/D and then do a D/A then digital volume. Getting back to the original subject, I think there are other players that are better than the Wadia for the price. Linn Ikemi is one of my favorites that i have auditioned...