Resolution Audio Vs. Wadia

Has anyone compared the Resolution Audio CD50 or CD55 to the Wadia 860x. What have you found? Which is better for directly driving an amp? Does the Resolution Sound better or worst through a reference quality preamp?
tbonephile

Showing 2 responses by hifinut604

I haven't heard the Resolution Audio CD50 or 55 yet though the Wadia 860x is one of the best I've heard, but methinks your comparison isn't exactly fair, since the Wadia retails for more than TWICE a brand new CD55 and FOUR TIMES a used CD50. A closer comparison might be between the Resolution players and a Wadia 830.
J_k, it's a pity you weren't there to defend me when I started a thread called "Linn vs. Wadia" where I was in a cyber room full of Wadia lovers who all told me the Wadia was much superior to the Linn Ikemi. I personally think the Linn Ikemi is one of the best players I've heard, and the absolute best at it's price point. I preached the fact Wadia's digital volume control crops off detail, but didn't manage to convert anyone. I thought the Wadia 860x through a preamp was pretty good, although not a great value at it's lofty price. I still think the Ikemi is better and a way better value. But the box IS real SHINY and the visual panache DOES impress visitors (at least non-audiophile ones).