Berkeley vs. Simaudio

Anyone ever compare a Berkeley DAC to a Simaudio DAC? If so, how did they comare sonically? Do they have each have a different sound?

I guess the Simaudio 380, 650D or 750D would be the most comparable DACs to the Bekeley Alpha DAC 2.
camb
I've owned both versions of the Alpha DAC. I preferred the DAC1 by a small margin over the DAC2 for it's slam factor. The DAC2 was bit kinder and gentler. At the DAC1's used price it could be considered a bargain.
The Alpha DAC 2 definitely doesn't have the dynamic punch of the Simaudio, particularly in the bass. The Sim is pretty spectacular in that regard. The Sim is also pretty special in terms of the soundstage - it is absolutely enormous - deep, wide, tall with an almost 3 dimensional portrayal of the performers within the soundstage. Totally, though, the Alpha DAC 2 seems more natural and neutral which makes instruments sound more lifelike. The Sim can sometimes be a little thin in the lower midrange/upper bass which can "take a little of the meat off the bone" of instruments, so to speak.
Sorry, I meant to say tonally the Alpha Dac 2 is more neutral/natural, not "totally"
Hi Camb,
Have you compared the 650D as a stand-alone redbook player with the Alpha DAC 2 connected to the 650D's transport?