Recommend CD Player with Volume Control

I have Magneplanar 3.6Rs and Classe CAM-350 monoblocks and am looking to add a CD player. Since this will be my only source, I am looking for a CD player that has volume control/variable output and I will bypass the preamp. 24 bit, HDCD, and upgradability are definite advantages. Any suggestions in the $2000 price range (new or used)?
ccandte
Thats a backhanded compliment but I agree with what you say, Petland. I have seen many questions, by a lot of people, that can seem pointed and thus taken the wrong way. I think that "provocative" questions/responses to individuals who post gives rise to the opportunity for the (came before)person posting to elaborate on their comments. It's people, just like Carl (and others), that are a great catalyst for that. Unfortunatley, for many of you, my posts are rather long but I aim to be concise, make my point and back it up with "something". Sometimes head-butting is enevitable (it's the nature of this medium) but it also makes it fun!
Petland, I thank you for the half-way support, but don't understand why you'd disagree with me on so many other issues in the past. I don't recall that you have told me as much, anyway. I'm glad that you like the CD50. I don't see myself as a catalyst, so much as a lightening rod for the true jerks on here. That's fine, except that it wastes time for anyone wanting to get anything substantive out of this forum. As you hint at, I guess having an opinion, and backing it up (with anything at all), brings out the worst in people, all too often. I appreciate yours and Treyhoss's commitment to keeping it on things audio..........Jla, thanks for getting back to the subject, and for realizing that you can turn your computer off, or otherwise ignore my comments.
Jeez,Carl.How can one guy have the best eqp.,the only opinion that counts,was never wrong about anything?? YOUR system is not a tube lovers' delight,That makes for lots of room for disagreement.You get so nasty and personal.It is ok to disagree,loose the nasty.It waters down anything positive you might contribute.
Carl, I must apologize for picking on you. I'm not trying to analyze you. You're just so easy to bait and I find you very amusing. Oops, is that too condescending a remark? Damn, there I go again. Sorry.
Carl, my comments were meant to be wholly supportive, upon reading my post this morning I can see easily how they were interpreted in another way. You are right again about disagreeing with you so often, this morning I was stuck behind a woman on I285 in a passat sandwiched between two fully loaded 18 wheelers and wondered.........