Recommend CD Player with Volume Control

I have Magneplanar 3.6Rs and Classe CAM-350 monoblocks and am looking to add a CD player. Since this will be my only source, I am looking for a CD player that has volume control/variable output and I will bypass the preamp. 24 bit, HDCD, and upgradability are definite advantages. Any suggestions in the $2000 price range (new or used)?
ccandte
No Carl. I have no idea how wealthy you are, nor do I care. It isn't even relevant. I just wanted to see your Pavlovian response. And you didn't disappoint me. Thanks.
Carl. I wasn't hiding the fact that I own a CD-50 just to be disagreeable with you. You don't merit that kind of attention. My point was, again, that we (music lovers/audiophiles) are never going to hear and enjoy the same things, in music, no matter what systems we are using. Even if those systems are identical. Furthermore, if someone disagrees with you, it's not a personal attack. Enjoy the music!
I'm not a psychoanalyst, and don't know what sort of a response you are referring to, Shapiro, but I suspect that you enjoy analyzing people, figuring them out. If you think you have me nailed down, that's fine. I resent being analyzed by psychologists, because I'm an individual, and thus cannot be "figured" out by the modern religion you call psychology. I don't think in time with someone elses mind, and am not part of a collective unconscious. What am I thinking now?..............Michael, I'm not setting rules here, only pointing out that my whole discussion was in the context of a CD player with volume control (translatablity of a certain CD player, although you could apply it to other audio contexts, perhaps), where your posts seem to come from that of personal criticism. You aren't setting rules for this thread, either. I think if you check, you'll realize that................Shelton, you haven't even clearly stated whatever point you think you're making, and thus haven't begun to prove it, either. Yes, indeed, I'm gonna enjoy the music right now...
And Shapiro, do you own a CD player with volume control, and connect it straight into your amplifier? Are you scared to answer such a simple question? That's the response I expected...find a thread that deals with audio subjects that you have experience with, perhaps you'll have something relevant to say there...but I doubt it.
And Jla, you need to shut up, until you have something relevant to say PERTINANT TO THIS THREAD. I don't care if you (or any of you) are tired of me, or not. You're a crybaby. Who the hell asked you to read my posts in the first place? Your computer has an off switch; use it, or else find another forum, cause I'm not leaving...and you couldn't do anything about it anyway.